over 750 american workers
BYD North America’s headquarters is located in Downtown Los Angeles, with a 550,000-square-foot bus manufacturing facility in Lancaster, California. BYD started with six U.S. employees in 2013 and has since expanded to over 1,000, including its unionized workforce of 750 in Lancaster, California.
• More than $250 million invested directly in the North American region
• Over 15,065 battery-electric trucks sold worldwide
• One of the world’s largest battery manufacturers, specializing in safe iron phosphate batteries
• Listed at #15 on the Forbes list of companies changing the world
• BYD Motors LLC is publicly traded
• Berkshire Hathaway is one of the largest shareholders
BYD trucks are hard at work across America moving freight at ports and railyards, making deliveries, and collecting refuse. BYD trucks save customers money with lower costs in fuel and maintenance. Our trucks have fewer moving parts, are reliable and environmentally friendly, as well as cost efficient – which means operational savings payback in only a few years.
BYD is creating hundreds of American jobs, making battery-electric buses that are helping to clean our air while improving efficiency and the bottom line for our customers.
BYD, SMART Local 105, and Antelope Valley College announced the creation of a manufacturing apprenticeship program, providing crucial job training, especially to underserved populations.
“I see a strong american workforce...
i see a family
that cares about the community”
— Bartholomew Taylor