Build Your Dreams
BYD North America’s headquarters is located in Downtown Los Angeles, with a 550,000-square-foot bus manufacturing facility in Lancaster, California. BYD started with six U.S. employees in 2013 and has since expanded to over 1,000, including its unionized workforce of 750 in Lancaster, California.
• More than $250 million invested directly in the North American region
• Over 65,000 battery-electric buses delivered worldwide
• One of the world’s largest battery manufacturers, specializing in safe iron phosphate batteries
• Listed at #15 on the Forbes list of companies changing the world
• BYD Motors LLC is publicly traded
• Berkshire Hathaway is one of the largest shareholders
Buses manufactured at BYD’s Lancaster, California facility exceed Buy America standards, using more than 70% U.S. content.
BYD, SMART Local 105, and Antelope Valley College announced the creation of a manufacturing apprenticeship program, providing crucial job training, especially to underserved populations.
“I see a strong american workforce...
i see a family
that cares about the community”
— Bartholomew Taylor